All four trophies won by Bayern Munich in the 2012/13 season. From left to right: the German Super Cup, the Champions League, the Bundesliga, and the German Cup.
- Bild: What do you think while being amist next to the 13 trophies?
- Schweinsteiger: This looks very, very nice. So collected in a heap I have never seen. And I have to say that makes you hungry for more! My title, hunger has actually increased more than I had for the triple.
- Bild: There's also enough space in Bavaria Museum.
- Schweinsteiger: I am also only 28 years olf and actually, it's the perfect football age. I feel now a great joy for the coming season & I'm assuming that I'kk even add a few more trophies.
- Bild: Holding the Champions League trophy in your arms while wearing a special shoe after surgery on Monday on the right foot. A bony avulsion of the heel bone did you problems. For how long?
- Schweinsteiger: Since February. But it happened in the back round match in Mainz (3-0 on February 2, Red d). Then I had to cancel the match against France. And even after this Wednesday-Saturday-rhythm was not always easy. I could not fully pass through the instep, the surgery had to be done urgently.
- Bild: How have you lasted this long?
- Schweinsteiger: With Syringes and tablets. I knew since March that I need surgery. But to do it during the season, was not an option for me.
- Bild: The Triple is a historic achievement that not even succeeded in the generation of Beckenbauer, Müller-Maier. Now begins a new era Bavaria title?
- Schweinsteiger: I do not know. the player of that time have marked a very great era, even if they have never got the triple. In their time they were the best of Europe.
- Bild: Now you're it!
- Schweinsteiger: I beg to differ. In my eyes, Barcelona is still the number one in Europe.
- Bild: Why?
- Schweinsteiger: Because they were so consistent at international level for the last six years. One can not immediately stand up and say after winning a big title: We are now the new number one in Europe.
- Bild: Barcelona is so to say is Bavaria role model?
- Schweinsteiger: In terms of consistency, yes. But otherwise we have here in Munich own way, as we present the FC Bayern. Just as the FC Barcelona has its own way to present yourself. We should continue to go our Mia san mia-way. And Barcelona is his way with the motto "mes que un club" (Catalan for: more than a club) go. There will be big in the future duels between these two clubs.
- Bild: In the Champions League semi-final to Barcelona dismantled. You'll won the first leg 4-0, second leg 3-0. Was the perfect football?
- Schweinsteiger: That was close. I mean, in the first leg against Barcelona in Munich perfection, we have succeeded in tactics. We have made use of the previous season to this a really good development.
- Bild: What part does Jupp Heynckes it?
- Schweinsteiger: He was the key man! Jupp Heynckes has managed to establish ourselves as a true team. Now really do with all forward AND backward. That especially the offensive players have worked very hard defensively, was the key to success. I tried to motivate them always.
- Bild: In what form?
- Schweinsteiger: For example, I often said to Franck or Arjen: If you win the ball back, you get applause from the spectators. Look contrast to Philip. He gets no applause for a won duel rear. Because everyone expects it from him.
- Bild: You lead the team as Chief in midfield. Needed for your leadership style but often take criticism.
- Schweinsteiger: But never from our coaches or my teammates. I am of the opinion that one must have a clear hierarchy in the squad. But perhaps Philip and I interpret this in a modern way that seems strange for some people.
“what is the difference between Bayern and a book? book has just one title”